february finds


My instagram feed has been full of skincare products this past month. Between a few new product launches and a chance finding of an incredible deal, I couldn't resist but pick up some goodies. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with all the new products I found this month.

I stumbled upon The Amore store in Toronto a couple weeks ago and snagged multiple Laneige cleansers at $10 cdn each. It truly was an incredible find considering Sephora charges $29 cdn plus tax. I restocked on my Laneige Multi Cleanser and chose the Multiberry Yogurt Peeling Gel and the Bright Renew Foam Cleanser to try out. I've transitioned my entire skincare line to this Korean based brand and my face has been very happy with this change. The creamy cleanser does a remarkable job of removing makeup and is extremely gentle on the skin as well. If you want to read more about Laneige, check out my previous post here and here.

We've had a few chilly days recently, so sheet masks have been essential to my weekly skincare routine. Anything that has the word brightening printed on the packaging is something I'm willing to give a chance to. I've been using the Dr. Jart Brightening Infusion Hydrogel Mask and have noticed my skin feels softer, hydrated and brighter. It gives my skin that extra moisture that is needed during the cold days in the great white north.

Clinique's Pep-Start Eye Cream has been all over social media since it launched late January of this year. I've been testing this cream out and I'll admit that it's growing on me each day (read my first impressions on Pep-Start Eye Cream here). It definitely hydrates and gives a boost of radiance needed during the early hours of the morning or throughout the day for a quick pick-me-up.

I also picked up the Impassioned Nars Blush from their Nouvelle Vogue Spring 2016 collection and haven't been able to put it down since. The colour is a perfect soft shade of pink that works so well from day to night. It takes a few more sweeps across the cheek than other shades, but it's well worth those extra few seconds. View my full review here.

For all the Canadians reading, Shoppers Drug Mart's across Canada have recently launched their Joe Fresh line #joefreshsdm2016. With their affordable pricing, I was able to pick up two cream blushes and a highlighter. This was my first chance to test cream blushes and I was pleasantly surprised! Super blendable and pigmented. The highlighter was a different story - find out why  in my review here.

Let me know what fun goodies you've picked up this month in the comments below!

11 comments

  1. I didn't shop too much in February, as I did take advantage of Christmas/vouchers and my birthday to stock up on necessities and have been living out of my overflowing bathroom cabinet in an attempt to actually use my stash since then.
    The blush really looks like it would be pretty sheer in the pan, but I can see it looking gorgeous on pale winter skin.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birthdays are always great to stock up! This blush is the one I've been reaching for since I brought it home with me!

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! Works out well that all the products are very 'instagram-able' too, ahah! I completely agree, this month has been all about skincare for me too!

    luce | lucellen.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Joe Fresh makeup in Shoppers but didn't pick up any because the price is a touch high IMO. It's roughly the same price with NYX which I personally think is more reliable.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, fair enough. I haven't explored NYX as much as I'd like, I should pick up a few products. Which do you recommend??

      Delete
  4. Been wanting to try the Mamonde Sheet Mask and regretted it why I didn't ask my friend to get me one while she was in Korea.

    Btw, I love how simple your blog theme is!

    P.S: Join my pre-Spring giveaway and win a pair of sunglasses of your choice.

    xx
    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you so much! Definitely pick up the two-piece mamonde masks as it applies better to your face and is much more hydrating than the one-piece sheet mask! You will love it! :)

      Delete
  5. I really want to try some Laneige products and the Dr Jart Brightening Infusion Hydrogel mask sounds lovely, I've yet to try any sheet mask so they still are quite intriguing to me!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheet masks have been saving me during this past winter! Laneige is such a great introduction and they're slowly entering into many stores (easy access)!

      Delete
  6. Impassioned is a gorgeous pink shade! :) I haven't bought much in February but I did pick up my first Chanel Rouge Allure in 99, Pirate. It's a beautiful red!

    ReplyDelete