in the spotlight: laneige | korean skincare



Korean skincare has arrived to North America and I couldn't be more thrilled! Last year, Sephora gave me a few skincare samples from Amore Pacific that I instantly became obsessed with. Amore Pacific is a great lightweight and hydrating skincare line that unfortunately for many, has a hefty price tag. After finishing the last drop of my Amore Pacific products, I decided to branch out and try another brand from Korea called Laneige Skincare. To my surprise, Laneige is owned by Amore Pacific but at a third of the price!

I ordered their trial set (just before they literally sold out everywhere!) that provides a great introduction to six products from their line. This entire line is ultra hydrating - perfect for the dry winter Canadian months. If you have dry to combination skin, this line is absolute perfection. Oily skin may want to avoid this line all together. I should note that these products are scented so for those who prefer non-scented products, I wouldn't recommend trying this out. 

The trial kit comes with the following: 
Multi Cleanser: builds into a creamy lather that provides a squeaky clean feeling. It removes makeup and dirt all in one step. 
Power Essential Skin Toner: a great smelling refreshing toner that gives you a radiant finish.
Balancing Emulsion: Super lightweight and hydrating. The only issue is that it doesn't come with a pump so the dense consistency of the emulsion is a bit tricky to get out.
Water Bank Serum: Another lightweight product that has quickly become my favourite. So refreshing!
Water Bank Moisture Cream: Ultra hydrating with a thicker consistency. I love that this is not greasy but prevents dry patches from forming!
Water Sleeping Mask: A must! The large sized bottle is an absolute steal of a price for what it does. A gel mask that hydrates your skin while you sleep. I can't even stress how amazing this mask is!

This line has quickly become part of my morning and night routine. After using this line for over three months, I have noticed a huge difference. It seems that my t-zone has become less oily and my dry patches are non-existent. If I were to pick my top three products from the trial kit, they would be the Multi Cleanser, Water Bank Serum and Water Sleeping Mask as I feel that these three products alone have won me over time and time again. In fact, I have already repurchased all three of these products in the larger size! Holy Grail stamp of approval.

rating: 10/10
If you have dry to combo skin, this line may be your life line during the upcoming winter months!

3 comments

  1. These products sound so amazing! I definitely want to try them, also with they were more readily available here in the UK. Great post though, I loved learning about products that I had never heard of before.:)

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - FASHION HAUL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This line is super amazing! Thanks so much for dropping by :)

      Delete
  2. So glad you're liking these products too! I'll have to pick up some of the others in the line!

    ReplyDelete