looking for a new primer? I've got you covered.

There are a lot of people who don’t find primers effective. I’m on the other side of that spectrum. I find that using a base before foundation helps smoothen skin, masks skin imperfection and helps control natural skin oils. There are a variety of different primers out there, so today I thought I would share my top 6 primers that I always have within arms-reach.


 Blurring Primers
Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer: this primer is a smooth and silky primer that helps create a flawless base for your foundation. I find myself interchanging between this and the YSL touche eclat as they have a similar texture and application. However, I do find that this one helps keep my skin more matte throughout the day.
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Primer:  this primer is a velvety, illuminating and bluring primer that helps boost radiance and smooth out skin texture. It has a subtle, gold shimmer which also adds luminosity. I was obsessed with this primer for the longest time and now keep this on hand for when I want a smooth and radiant base.


Illuminating Primers
Becca Backlight Filter Face Primer: this primer is a lightweight, whipped liquid primer that has luminescent filtering pearls to help blur imperfections and create a radiating glow. This primer was super hyped up when it first came out and is still a favourite for many people. As much as I love this primer (packaging and product), I find it can be a bit too luminescent for my poor, oily t-zone. When I use this primer, I always avoid my t-zone and apply this with a beauty blender to help reduce the ultra dewy finish. Using a sponge absorbs some product and gives me a natural, radiating base.
Chanel Light Creator Brightening Makeup Base SPF 40: This base is tailored to those that are looking to radiate skin tone. I use this in the summer when I want my skin looking fresh and glowy. I find this gives a more natural finish than the Becca backlight primer and really like that there is SPF in this product already.

Pore Minimizing
Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation: This primer is an oil-control primer that aims to minimize pores and mattify skin. This foundation is on a holy grail status for me. I use this interchangeably with Porefessional by Benefit, but find the Becca primer a bit more tacky once applied on the skin. I save this primer for my t-zone area as it helps control and reduce shine and use a tapping motion to apply. 
Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer: A beloved product by most people, this primer just seems to work for all skin types. Aside from creating a smooth base, this also helps instantly reduce and minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines. I use this as both a primer and topper. After I finish applying my makeup, I take a small amount of this product and dab it into areas where my pores need more help (around the nose area). I find it keeps my pores blurred throughout the day and even prefer the look of my makeup when I apply this after foundation. I always ensure I have some sort of backup of this primer on hand at all times! 


Hydration
The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer: this is the newest primer to my collection of primers and the most affordable too! The primer is a smoothing and blurring silicone that applies like a cream. I actually reviewed this product not too long ago, so I won't go too in depth about this. But, if you want to read more about it click here. I will say that this has become my everyday primer and I'm liking the consistency of this primer. It doesn’t have a silky/velvety feel but rather one similar to a gel. It’s light weight and creates a perfect base for my foundation. Highly recommended!

Do you use a primer? Which one is your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and don't forget to check out my instagram for daily updates @christinekozov!

18 comments

  1. I love the Becca & YSL primers you have here! Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is my most repurchased primer but I also love Hourglass Veil Mineral & Huda Primer xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Clarins primer! I picked up a travel sized hourglass veil mineral and liked it but haven't repurchased since I have these ones to go through! Maybe next sephora sale! :P

      Delete
  2. I have only tried the POREfessional out of all these options, but I might check out the Becca one, as I am always on the hunt for a good mattofying Option.

    Anne|Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking for a mattifying primer, becca is a great option! Let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a massive primer fan. I love the Becca primer, it just transforms your skin from dull to radiant like no other x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does but doesn't work well with my t-zone! I wish I could have a radiant glow from within sans the oils! haha

      Delete
  4. I adore that YSL primer and it's one of the best! I haven't reach for it much recently though as I am currently loving Dr. Brandt Pore No More Luminizing primer.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try the Dr. Brandt primer in the past but haven't come around to repurchasing it! I find it works similar to the becca mattifying primer on my skin and becca's is cheaper!

      Delete
  5. I like the idea of the Ordinary primer, it sounds nice and I need something like that with a little extra hydration in winter! :) I don't use a primer at the moment but I think it would be good for the days I'm in the office and wear makeup :)

    Hope you are having a lovely week so far and you have a fun weekend ahead of you :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how the Ordinary primer works for you! I'm really loving it at the moment!

      Thank you, wishing you a great week ahead as well! :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful selection of primers here; I love PoreFessional, but I think you might really enjoy Touch In Sol No Poreblem, it is a new discovery for me, but oh my word - so happy I got my hands on it. Becca's primers are out of this world amazing; they give such a nice glow! xx

    Naya
    www.partyparrotblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of the Touch in Sol primer and from what I've read, I think it's right up my alley! Definitely on my purchase list!

      Delete
  7. That ysl primer & the becca back lighting primer have been on my to-do list for quite a while, both sound so good.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both lovely; if you're looking for radiance, you will love the Becca back lighting primer!

      Delete
  8. I love the Becca Backlight Filter when I want a radiant look :) my everyday go-to is the Touch in Sol No Poreblem Primer - it's soooo good!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this post and I remembered how much I LOVE Benefit's primer. I've also used the NYX Pore Minimizing one which is a pretty decent dupe. One of my faves is Hourglass Veil. I think I just convinced myself I need to pick up new primers. LOL I'd really love to try the Chanel one too. What isn't perfect from them? I saw you on ThePartParrotBlog so I thought I'd pop in! I haven't been blogging as much lately and I'm just reworking my schedule to jump back in!


    http://abeautifulwhim.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL welcome back to the blogging world! The POREfessional is a true classic! I haven't tried NYX's primer but if it's a dupe, I will definitely need to give it a try at some point! The Hourglass Veil is lovely as well but I haven't used it in so long. I should pick it up again soon!!

      Delete
  10. Great primer selection. I am a big fan of using primer every time I do my makeup. I just love Benefit POREfessional and Guerlian L'Or primer but want to try the YSL and Becca Ever Matte since I have oily skin. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete