shiseido ibuki quick fix mist review


After finishing my favourite setting spray by Urban Decay, I was ready to venture out from my everyday routine and try something different. While browsing the “just arrived” section on Sephora’s website I saw the Shiseido Ibuki Quick Fix Mist (1.6 oz, $32 cdn) that sounded wonderful. Shiseido is one of the oldest beauty brands in the world and has a reputation of having quality products. I was hoping this fix mist wouldn’t be the exception.

This Ibuki Quick Fix Mist is a refreshing gel mist that aims to reduce shine, de-hydration and day-worn skin. It is formulated to refresh and re-smooth skin over time as well. It also acts as a setting spray, which prevents makeup from wearing or creasing. This product is dermatologist tested.
  
Packaging
I was initially surprised at the size of the bottle. When looking at the bottle online, it looks like a normal sized cylindrical bottle, however, it’s half the size. It’s as if the bottle was sliced in half. At first I wasn’t too happy, but I’ve gotten used to it and it isn’t a deal breaker. The bottle is made of plastic and very sturdy. It also has a spray nozzle.


Product
This gel mist sprays on clear and absorbs quickly. The spray range is fairly narrow but is quite effective. There is a subtle floral scent that is clean and refreshing. I love using this in the early mornings before work. The spray is very hydrating and keeps my skin more on the matte side than dewy. A great dewy mist is the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist by Tatcha.
Although the size of the bottle is smaller than I had originally anticipated, it’s great to throw into your bag and go. My makeup lasts all day but there was no improvement with creasing. A setting powder would still be required in my opinion.
This product has a gel like consistency so I recommend using this spray at a further distance than a normal setting spray. Having the nozzle too close to your face will result in larger bubbles of gel landing on your face that will require you to dab it in.
  
Verdict
I wouldn’t say the quick fix mist is as good as the Urban Decay All Nighter when comparing setting sprays, however, if you’re in the market for a hydration boost throughout the day, this is a great travel friendly product to have on hand. It has a refreshing scent and feel when sprayed onto skin. The mist is quick absorbing and doesn’t leave my skin feeling sticky. It’s a pretty decent product, but I can’t say it’s one of my favourites from the Shiseido line.

Repurchase?
Maybe – although it’s hydrating and smells wonderful, it’s not something that is crucial for me. If I had to choose between the UD all nighter versus the Ibuki quick fix, I would have to give it to UD.

Have you tried anything from Shisedo? Let me know what your favourite product is in the comments!

6 comments

  1. I have been looking for a matte seeing spray, so maybe I will give it a go.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review! Even though I've yet to try anything from the brand, I agree that Shiseido is one of this brand which truly has a good reputation, I know so many people who swear by it!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never used a setting spray before but everyone that I know seems to love it. Maybe I'll pick up a drugstore option and see what's the fuss all about. Do you have a good recommendation for drugstore setting sprays?

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried Shiseido but one of my friends swears by their products. It's a shame that it's such a small bottle, personally I don't find setting sprays necessary but it's a good refresher for a hot day!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Except winter my skin doesn't get dehydrated so I probably wouldn't reach a hydrating fix mist :) I haven't used many setting sprays, MAC fix one was the first one I used and it's great!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have dry skin, so this may work for me. Thanks for your thoughts :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete