why i love makeup


The beauty industry is exciting, captivating, chaotic and ever changing - and I love it all. Some people enjoy watching movies or collecting stamps, but I prefer beauty products. I beam with excitement when a friend asks me for advice on makeup or skincare. Before any advice, I ask what seems to be an endless stream of questions to get an idea of what they're looking for, completely oblivious of the fact that not everyone reads up on the latest innovations of skincare or watches youtube videos on how to perfect a cat-eye on a nightly basis. Winding down after work means logging onto my computer and absorbing everything I can about beauty. It is my daily serenity now moment.

I remember when Sephora first launched in Canada. I was intimidated to walk in, with all the beautifully lined products and bright lights. It was the first time I felt the chaos in the world of beauty. It was an exhilarating experience to say the least.  Fast forward to today and I can tell you where any product you're looking for is located in many Sephora's across the city. People may find it bizarre but I can spend an endless amount of time roaming the makeup aisles. You know those coffee connoisseurs that walk into Starbucks and ask for a double shot, skinny, soy, no foam latte? That's how I feel when I'm on a hunt for a new product that has just arrived. Can you direct me to the X palette from season Y by Z?

I've gone from thick brows to thin back to somewhere in between. I'm constantly learning new ways to use makeup and to see what works with my skin type. Throughout my journey, I decided I wanted to share my experiences with the internet world; so, welcome to the exciting, captivating, chaotic and ever changing world of beauty.

What do you love about the beauty industry?


5 comments

  1. Totally agree with everything you said. I am in love with makeup too! :)

    Angelie // Pangasinan Travel Diary 2016: Our Lady of Manaoag and San Fabian Beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much the same as you: I love talking about it, I love the possibilities it gives me and the numerous ways of expressing myself.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with everything you said :)
    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete