in the lime-light: hourglass ambient lighting palette


The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ($70 cdn) looks like something that every girl needs in their makeup collection. This palette includes three universal shades that either capture, diffuse or soften light reflection to help create a warm, luminous glow. The moment this trio came out, there was already so much hype built around it; I hoped this palette wouldn't disappoint. 

Have you ever experienced love at first site? If not, head over to Sephora and feast your eyes on this beauty; the powders are creamy, soft and applies effortlessly onto skin. There is no arguing that Hourglass Cosmetics know how to package their products. This palette seems to be absolute perfection, but is it really? It took about a week before I had the courage to swatch the powders at home! 

The Breakdown 
1 x 0.116 oz Dim Light
1 x 0.116 oz Incandescent Light
1 x 0.116 oz Radiant Light

Dim Light is a neutral peach beige that can be applied all over the face. This is the shade I reach for the most as it gives me a pretty luminous glow when my skin feels bleh.
Incandescent Light is a pearly pink powder and is the only shade that doesn't come in a full sized pan option. I love using this as a highlighter!
Radiant Light is a golden beige powder that gives off a warm sun-kissed glow. I use this in places I would apply bronzer. 

When I first purchased this palette, I thought this would become part of my everyday makeup routine. I couldn't get over how gorgeous the powders and packaging were, however, it became a "nice to have" product for me. I feel this product was a bit over-hyped; the shades are lovely but nothing special. I prefer using the powders when heading out for a night out or maximum 3-4 hours, anything longer and I look like I have shiny, oily skin!

If you're like me and have an oily t-zone, try to avoid the light reflection products. If you have normal to dry skin, I have an inkling you will adore these powders! 

Have you tried any hourglass lighting powders? Which shade do you like best?

2 comments

  1. I feel like these powders are best when used to illuminate some of the high points of the face, rather than as 'setting powders' per se. But you are right--I'm normal and I absolutely adore the palette. Beautiful pictures and beautiful blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! All over is a bit much! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete